1. The “Canadian Living Crazy Cakes Contest” contest (hereafter “Contest”) is organized by “Canadian Living”– property of Transcontinental Media G.P. (“Transcontinental”). It starts on “April 27, 2011,” submissions close on Tuesday July 5, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. (EDT) and the contest voting phase closes on “Wednesday August 3” at “11:59 pm” (EDT). Any reference to time in this document indicates Eastern Daylight saving Time (EDT).ELIGIBILITY
2. The Contest is is governed by Canadian law and is open to all residents of Canada], who have reached the age of majority in the province in which they reside by the start date of this contest as identified above, with the exception of the employees, agents and/or representatives of Transcontinental, its distributors or affiliated companies, advertising agencies or any contributor to the Contest, as well as anyone with whom an employee, agent and/or representative is domiciled or any member of his or her immediate family. For these official rules, “immediate family” refers to the father, mother, brothers, sisters, children, husband, wife or partner of such an employee, agent and/or representative.HOW TO ENTER
3. There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Enter using the methods of entry outlined below. No entries will be accepted by any other means.
1. For a chance to win, you must upload a recent photograph or video of your personally baked cake or cupcake on the Entry Form available at http://crazycakes.canadianliving.com (the “Contest Website”) and tell us in 50 words or less about your cake or cupcake between the Contest opening date, Wednesday, April 27, 2011 and 11:59 p.m. EDT on the Contest submissions closing date, Tuesday July 5, 2011. The deadline for mail-in entries is Tuesday July 5, 2011, at 5 p.m. (EDT).
2. The Photo or video must illustrate the cake or cupcake which the entrant created, and must not include any other person, brand name or other party’s logo or trademark. The Photo must be in .jpg, .gif or .png formats, the Photo must not exceed one (1) MB in size, and the Photo cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means. The Photo or Video and accompanying text shall be referred to collectively herein as the “Work”.
3. The entry forms described in paragraph 3.1, and 3.2 are hereinafter collectively called the “Entry Form”.
4. Online photo and video entries are limited to one per day per person for the duration of the contest.
5. No video mail-in entries will be accepted. Photo Mail-in Entry is unlimited, however only one (1) Mail-in Entry per envelope will be allowed. Note: only select mail-in entries will be available online and eligible to collect votes.
6. For photo mail-in entries, include your name, address, daytime telephone number, e-mail address (if applicable) and a photo of your cake or cupcake and send your entry to:
Canadian Living Crazy Cakes Contest
c/o Canadian Living Magazine
25 Sheppard Ave West, Toronto ON, M2N 6S7
7. Each entrant can only use one e-mail address (which must be valid) to enter via the Electronic Entry form. One (1) entrant per Electronic Entry form. One (1) Electronic Entry per day per person for the duration of the Contest. The same e-mail address cannot be used by more than one entrant.
8. No purchase necessary.
4. First Prize: “One” (1) winner(s) will be awarded one, 7 night air and hotel package for a family of four.
Trip details as follows:
• Four roundtrip economy airfare from nearest Canadian Airport to the winners home servicing Transat Holidays flights to Orlando
• 7 night accommodation at The Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
• Hertz full size 4-door car rental
Approximate retail value of the trip is $4,000 CDN based on a Toronto departure. Actual retail value may vary depending on the departure date and departure city. Winners responsible for payment of taxes. Travel must be taken between July 10, 2011 and June 30, 2012 and excludes any travel during Christmas/New Years, Spring Break, Easter and during any Canadian statutory holiday (such as Victoria Day; Canada Day; Labor Day or any other Canadian statutory holiday in the winner’s province or territory). Reservations will be accepted based on space availability and must be booked prior to October 31, 2011. The winner and his/her travel guests must each have proof of valid travel documents prior to ticketing. The winner and his/her travel guests must be Canadian residents to qualify for the Prize. The winner and his/her travel guests must travel on the same itinerary. The winner and his/her travel guests must have the right to enter the U.S. A minimum of one person, either the Grand Prize winner or one of the travel guests, must hold a valid credit card to cover any incidentals or any other requirement that may be required at the hotel. Ground transfers to and from the winner and/or travelling guest’s residence and designated airport and all other expenses not specified herein or listed within the travel brochure, including but not limited to telephone or fax, gratuities, optional tours, taxes and fees, insurance, medical travel documents, personal expenses, and any other costs not specifically stated herein as being included, are the sole responsibility of the winner and his/her guests. In the eventuality that the Winner and his/her guests resides in a city that requires transportation to Transat Holiday departure cities, the costs associated with such transportation are the Winner’s and his/her guests entire responsibility. No extensions will be permitted and the prize cannot be exchanged, transferred or substituted for cash except that Transat Holidays reserves the right to offer a comparable product in the event of a vacation package cancellation, Act of God or other unforeseen circumstances. The Grand Prize winner shall not be entitled to receive, in cash, certificate or otherwise, the balance of any amount representing the difference of the Grand Prize retail value and actual cost. No frequent flyer miles will be available.
Departures are available from Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City, Ottawa and Halifax. The prize winner and their guests are responsible for the costs of finding transportation to the above departure cities.
5. Second Prize: “Ten” (10) Honourable Mention winner(s) will be awarded 1 “one” copy of The Complete Canadian Living Baking Book (Transcontinental Books, 2008) by Elizabeth Baird, a total approximate retail value of twenty-two Canadian dollars ($36.95 CND) .
The First Prize and Second Prize are collectively referred to hereinafter as the “Prize”.
6. Transcontinental reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to replace the Prize with another of a comparable value or with the Prize value in money if it is not possible to award it to the Winner as described in paragraphs 5 and 6 above for any reason.JUDGING
7. All Electronic Entries received by the server hosting the http://www.canadianliving.com/crazycakes website will be open for voting between Wednesday, July 16, 2011, and Wednesday August 3, 2011. Visitors to this site will be allowed to vote once per day for their favourite entry between these dates. Limit of one vote per day per e-mail address during the Voting Period. After the contest closing date, Wednesday August 3, 2011, a Canadian Living Judging Panel (hereinafter referred to as the “Judging Panel”) will select, at their sole discretion, one (1) Winner and ten (10) Honourable Mention winners based on the following criteria: number of votes received, the suitability of the cake or cupcake, and quality of entries submitted. The entry that receives the largest number of votes will not necessarily be chosen as the Winner and Honourable Mention winners.
8. During the Voting Period, the votes will be computed in a private log by Transcontinental. Transcontinental will disqualify, at its sole discretion and at any time during the Contest, any entry with suspicious or irregular vote data that may indicate cheating. Forms of cheating include, but are not limited to, creating invalid user accounts to vote for a Finalist photo or video and/or creating an automated script (also known as “bot”) to vote for a Finalist photo or video and/or any suspicious activity in a vote received for a Finalist photo or video.
9. The Winner will be announced at http://www.canadianliving.com/crazycakes on Thursday, September 1, 2011 and in the November 2011 issue of Canadian Living Magazine.
10. The decisions of the Judging Panel regarding the selection of the Winner and Honourable Mention winners are final with respect to all aspects of the Contest. No correspondence will be entered into except with the Winner and Honourable Mention winner individuals requesting a copy of Contest rules.GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
11. To be declared winner, the entrant whose Entry Form is chosen for the Prize must respect the entry and eligibility conditions stipulated in this document. Failure to respect one or several of these conditions means the winner will be disqualified and another random draw will be conducted to choose another winner.
12. Limit of one prize per person.
13. Transcontinental will contact the Winners by telephone and/or e-mail by Tuesday, August 16, 2011. In the event that the Transcontinental cannot contact the selected entrant of one or several of the draws for whatever reason within forty-eight (48) hours following the draw, Transcontinental will conduct as many draws as necessary from the Entry Forms to find a Prize winner.
14. To claim his/her prize, a Winner must fill in and sign a Declaration of Compliance and a full Liability Release (hereafter “Form”) that will be sent to him by mail and/or courier and/or fax and/or e-mail by Transcontinental and return it filled in and signed within fifteen (15) days of receiving it. In the event that the Form is not signed and returned within the time limit, Transcontinental reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to conduct or not as many draws as necessary to award the Prize. If Transcontinental decides not to conduct a new draw, the Prize will simply not be awarded..
15. Upon receipt of the Form, Transcontinental will inform the Winner by e-mail and/or by mail and/or by phone and/or by messenger of all the details related to how the Winner will receive the Prize.
16. The Prize will be delivered to the Winner between “Monday September 6, 2011” and “Monday December 13, 2011” inclusively.
17. In the event that it is not possible to deliver the Prize to the Winner, for whatever reason, the Prize must be claimed at Transcontinental’s offices by “Monday December 6, 2011” at the latest, otherwise it shall become null and void. In such case, the Prize will not be redrawn and will simply not be awarded.
18. Transcontinental, its respective companies and divisions and any other moral person of its corporate group, its affiliated broadcast distributors, advertising and promotional agencies and their respective shareholders, administrators, executives, employees and agents, as well as any contributor to the Contest, including “Houghton Mifflin Harcourt” (hereafter called “Release recipients”) are not responsible for matters regarding the Prize or the Contest and provide no guarantee for either.
19. The Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred without the prior written agreement of Transcontinental, substituted with another prize or exchanged in whole or in part for money. Should Transcontinental for reasons out of its control and not related to the Winner, not be able to award the prize as described in the present document, Transcontinental reserves the right to award a similar prize (or a portion of the prize) of equal value or, at its sole discretion, the value of the prize indicated in this present document (or a portion of the prize) in money.
20. Transcontinental shall not be held liable in any case where its inability to act results from a fact or situation beyond his control or from a strike, lock-out or any other labour dispute in his facilities or in the facilities of the organizations or companies whose services are used in the course of holding this Contest.
21. By entering this Contest, the Winner authorizes Transcontinental, if required, to use his name, photograph, place of residence, voice, image and (or) declaration regarding its prize for advertising purposes without any form of remuneration, in any medium whatsoever (print, broadcast, Internet, etc.). Moreover, the Winner agrees to permit his name and town of residence to be broadcast on television and (or) on the Contest Internet page without any form of remuneration.
22. The Release recipients shall not incur any responsibility for incomplete or incomprehensible name and addresses from Contest entrants. Transcontinental reserves the right to reject any Entry Form that is incomplete, illegible or mutilated or that contains a human or mechanical error and to proceed with the selection of another Entry Form.
23. Any Entry Form and any attempt at entering using electronic, computer or other means which are contrary to the spirit of the Contest or to the Contest rules (e.g., computer pirating, mass emailing, etc.) will be automatically rejected and may be referred over to the appropriate judicial authorities. Any automated entries will be noticed and rejected.
24. The Release recipients are not in any way responsible for any problem including, but without being limited to, the technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, any other problem resulting directly or indirectly in a virus, bug or technical failure following the sending of e-mails to Transcontinental for any reason including, but without being limited to, traffic congestion on the Internet network or on the Web site or a combination of both. Transcontinental and Release recipients are not responsible for any damage done to computer equipment following entering the Contest. The Release recipients will not be held responsible for any damage or problem due to a lost of signal or a technical failure occurring during the broadcast and/or signal reception from television. Transcontinental and other Release recipients are not responsible for any problem that could prevent the proper conduct of the Contest in accordance with the rules established herein including, but without restricting the generality of the above, or the postponement of the Contest promotion or of the Contest.
25. Transcontinental reserves the right to modify or cancel the Contest without advance notice, subject to having obtained any required approval from Quebec’s Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux.
26. The decisions made by Transcontinental are final and without appeal.
27. For Quebec residents , any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a promotional contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be be submitted to the Régie des alcohols, des courses et des jeux only for the purposes of helping the parties reach a settlement.
28. From Thursday, August 19, 2011 to Monday December 6, 2011, the name of the Contest Winner will be available on http://www.canadianliving.com/crazycakes ten (10) days at the latest after the draw, for a minimum period of ten (10) days.
29. The Contest rules are available at Transcontinental’s offices located at 25 Sheppard Ave. W., Suite 100, Toronto, ON M2N 6S7 and on http://www.canadianliving.com/crazycakes
30. In case of incompatibility between the English and the French version of the present Rules, the French version shall prevail.